Our accommodation is perfectly situated, just 400 metres from the Abel Tasman National Park entrance.
What’s more we are within 5-minutes walking distance of the beach, water taxis, kayaking, restaurants and cafes.
The Lodge is clearly signposted at the front of the property. Drive in or walk down to see us at reception.
How To Find Us
For detailed instructions on finding us, click the DIRECTIONS button below. Then print or download to your device and bring it with you.
Driving from Picton, Nelson and West Coast
Continue on main road heading to Abel Tasman National Park (these are marked using brown signage).
When you come to a T intersection you turn left and then immediately right (follow green Marahau 9km sign). This area is well signposted – you are looking for a green Marahau 10km sign / Abel Tasman National Park (brown sign).
Do not go via Kaiteriteri unless you want to visit the beach here. Be warned, it’s a very windy road!
You come over the hill and follow the road onto the beachfront and we are further along – just past Aqua Taxis and our Lodge is clearly signposted.
SatNav Instructions (Garmin SatNav)
Choose [Search All]
Type in  and click [Done]
Type in [Sandy Bay] & select [Sandy Bay-Marahau Road]
Drive Times & Distances to our Location
- 20km from Motueka – 20 minutes
- 60km from Nelson Airport – 50 minutes
- 170km from Picton Ferry – just under 3 hours
- 244 km from Westport – 3 hours approx.
- 282 km from Westport – 4 hours approx.
There are a number of bus or charter companies that can you get you to Marahau or nearby Motueka from Nelson.
- ScenicNZ Abel Tasman : direct services to Marahau
- InterCity Bus: direct services to Marahau
- Trek Express: charter service which is cost effective if 4 or more people
- Airport Shuttle: ideal for groups from the airport
- MaxiCab: charter service
- Nelson Shuttles: taxi charter service
- Nelson Tours & Travel: tours and taxi charter service
- Sarah’s Shuttle Services: Options for across Abel Tasman, Nelson, Blenheim and Picton
- Tasman Bay DriveMe: local taxi service – ideal for getting to and from Motueka
And if none of these options work for you, email us and we will try and find you a solution.
From West Coast
Using public tranport, you will generally need to come via Nelson or Motueka. See above for options.
Airlines fly into Nelson airport. The airport has a cafe and a small shop. It is serviced by several domestic airlines