TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- Walk Bark Bay to Anchorage – Swing bridge, bays to swim and picnic on
- Kayak the Marine Reserve – playful seals, shy blue penguins. If you are very lucky a dolphin or even an orca
- Visit Golden Bay – Pupu springs, Wainui Falls and Farewell Spit
- Go Canyoning – ultimate adrenaline rush
- Open mic night at Park Cafe – every Thursday night meet the locals or enjoy sunset and Happy Hour every night at Hooked
- Visit Mapua and Moutere – enjoy some local wines, boutiques shops and artisans
- Stew’s Abel Tasman Eco Tour – get deep into the flora and fauna of the region
- Horse ride along the beach
- Sail through the stunning bays of the Abel Tasman – hear just the sound of breeze blowing through the sails, in your own bit of paradise
- Relax in our tranquil gardens, have a spa pool and sit on your deck with a glass of….
Below are some examples of an itinerary you can enjoy while staying at the Abel Tasman Lodge. All of the activities listed can be done in any order.
DAY ONE ITINERARY
Choose from one of the following:
- Water taxi & walk a section of the Abel Tasman National Park Coast Track. How about Beaches & Bays
- Alternatively Kayak the Abel Tasman and visit the seals up close. Try Kahu Kayaks ‘Marine Reserve’
- What about something more adventurous – Canyoning or even a Sky Dive
- Take a more leisurely walk to one of the lovely golden beaches for lunch and a swim.
DAY TWO ITINERARY
- Any one of the above that you didn’t do on day one or
- water taxi, walk or kayak another section of the Abel Tasman National Park Coastal Track for example, Abel Tasman Kayaks ‘Soul Food’ or
- enjoy the wonderful and very interesting Abel Tasman Eco Tour, a truly special way to see the Abel Tasman.
DAY THREE OR FOUR ITINERARY
Take a short drive to nearby Golden Bay and
- on the way visit Ngarua Caves and see the extinct Moa bones and other underground sites, then
- catch your own salmon for lunch or dinner at Anatoki Salmon Farm
- take a winery tour and have a relaxing lunch enjoying our local cuisine then
- take a scenic drive and visit the wide range of arts and crafts in the area.
Abel Tasman National Park
Click on the map to enlarge it