A Few Lodge Rules
Check in time – 2pm
Check out time – 10am
We are flexible depending on whether the room is available or needed.
Reception Hours: 7:30am to 7pm everyday
Free car parking for guests only
Free WiFi for guests only
Abel Tasman Lodge is a non-smoking hotel. New Zealand has a strict non-smoking law in regard to smoking in public buildings. Please respect our non-smoking policy in all lodge buildings. There are serious fines which we are required to enforce. Sorry smokers!
If you get a bit carried away in the rooms and it requires extra cleaning, we may need to charge an extra fee. Sorry.
To confirm your booking, we require a payment card (Mastercard or Visa) valid for the period of your stay including long number, expiry date and three digit security code.
In the event that we are unable to re-let a cancelled booking, the following applies:
Cancellations between four and two weeks of confirmed arrival date are liable to a fee of 50% of total tariff. After that, cancellations or guests who do not arrive on the confirmed arrival date can be charged in full, unless we are able to re-let the chalet.
Should accommodation booking be cancelled prior to or during the period of the reservation, then we will endeavour to re-let the accommodation and if able to do so then all nights re-let will be refunded.
‘No shows’ be charged 100% of the applicable rate of the total stay.
Your credit card will not be charged unless you fail to check in on, or you cancel within four weeks of, confirmed arrival date.
Due to our intimate size, any cancellation affects us significantly. We do recommend that you have travel insurance.
Extra person charges may apply where relevant.
Children under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent if staying at the Abel Tasman Lodge.
We’ve done our best to translate this website into various languages. A couple of languages we have asked native speakers to help us. But in general we have used Google. Therefore we won’t be held responsible for any language mistakes you find in non-KIWI (i.e. English) languages.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the visitors at www.abeltasmanlodge.co.nz:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our site. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
1. The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use
2. The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners
3. Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law
4. Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), may we share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services
2. To process any transactions that you might make on our site
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested
4. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests
5 .For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our site from. With this information we can do the following:
1. Track traffic patterns to our site
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at Abel Tasman Marahau Lodge by phone or email. Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of Scott Hendry, Director at Abel Tasman Marahau Lodge, 295 Sandy Bay-Marahau Road, Marahau, RD2 Motueka 7197, New Zealand.
Abel Tasman Lodge respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.