Our accommodation is in the perfect location, just 400 metres from the Abel Tasman National Park southern entrance.
What’s more we are within a 5 minute walking distance of the beach, water taxis, kayaking, restaurants and cafes.
The Lodge is clearly sign-posted at the front of the property, drive or walk down to see us at reception.
For detailed instructions on finding us, print off Where in the World is Abel Tasman Lodge and bring it with you on your trip.
Driving from Picton, Nelson and West Coast
Continue on main road heading to Abel Tasman National Park (these are marked using brown signage).
When you come to a T intersection you turn left and then immediately right (follow green Marahau 9km sign). This area is well sign posted – you are looking for a green Marahau 10km sign / Abel Tasman National Park (brown sign).
Do not go via Kaiteriteri unless you want to visit the beach here. Be warned, it’s a very windy road!
You come over the hill and follow the road onto the beachfront and we are further along – just past Aqua Taxis and our Lodge is clearly signposted.
SatNav Instructions (Garmin SatNav)
Choose [Search All]
Type in  and click [Done]
Type in [Sandy Bay] & select [Sandy Bay-Marahau Road]
Drive Times & Distances to our Location
- 20kms from Motueka – 20 minutes
- 60kms from Nelson Airport – 60 minutes
- 170kms from Picton Ferry – just under 3 hours
- 244 kms from Westport – 3 hours approx.
There are a number of bus or charter companies that can you get you to Marahau or nearby Motueka from Nelson.
- Abel Tasman Coachlines: direct services to Marahau
- InterCity Bus: direct services to Marahau
- Trek Express: charter service which is cost effective if 4 or more people
- Airport Shuttle: ideal for groups from the airport
- MaxiCab: charter service
- Nelson Shuttles: taxi charter service
- Nelson Tours & Travel: tours and taxi charter service
From West Coast
You will need to go via Nelson or Motueka – see above for options
And if none of these options work for you, email us and we will try and find you a solution.
Airlines fly into Nelson airport. The airport has a cafe and a small shop. It is serviced by four domestic airlines